On my own

I have bladder cancer I had a fall & fractured my hip just days before starting treatment.My bladder froze due to this operation & was cathertorised & told it would be for life,was in hospital for 11 wks.

When home I refused treatment due to cathetorisation (so uncomfortable & limited how I sleep)

After 8mths my bladder started working normally apart from peeing nearly every 1-3 hrs.

I am a widow & live alone getting no help or advice from my GP.

I was having  blood in urine tests for nearly 3 yrs before GP refered me to Uroligist.

I get lots of pain in kidney area again no help from GP apart from after begging for pain killers he prescribed some but onlt 100 per mth so only take them when really in great pain.

I can walk with a zimmer frame but the pain makes it harder for me to walk ( I have osto-arthritis )

McMillion nurse never been to see me or offer any help or advice.

Now I try to keep my chin up & live for each day the best I can.

Lots of hugs & best wishes to all  x

• Hi there .. so sorry, your certainly going through loads at the mo ..

Firstly, lve got osteoarthritis and stenosis and trapped nurve in back .. plus other stuff .. and my Dr gives me long acting tramadol .. one morning and night .. and I have morphine as and when required , although low dose morphine ... l can't believe your Dr is not doing a lot more .. there's no way you should only have enough tablets to take to stop extreme pain .. there's a pain management team, that can help. Although a bit of a waiting list .. they can do acupuncture too ... there's so many things to help ..

If I were you I'd change Drs.. and phone McMillan again for info on how to get help .. they are so busy, a few fall through the cracks ... keep reaching out .. I've had a few years where I could hardly walk at all without extreme pain .. it's only getting tests to see exactly what was causing it .. like the trapped nurve .. was inflamed when I tried to walk ... but in taking every test and scan that was offered, i now can control my pain .. and life is bearable again .. so don't give up .. 

And if you need a chat about anything, I'm here most days .. don't feel lonely .. lots of us have found a little family on here .. where we can hold each other's hands ..  big hug Chrissie

• Thank you so much for your reply Chriss it  has made me feel much better.

I tried to change GP on getting nowhere with my blood & clots in urine. I was very worried then.

Unfourtunatly they are no GP with open sign ups in my area apart from needless to say my GP.

It was speaking to practice manager that I managed to get the 100 pain killers a mth.

Oh dear there's me moaning & look at poor you.

I wish you all the luck in the world x

• You’re nver on your own on this site, there is always soone one here who will listen. 

• Hi reet ..

I wonder WHY he's the only g.p with space ... I would deff ask them about pain management. . And I got a ti chi (think that's right) too .. but you should no way stay in pain like that .. have you got anyone that could go with you .. I've got a feeling you've done some damage to your hip .. but I'm not medically qualified, that's just my opinion ...

I'd got a trapped nurve in my spine , after a c t scan ..., up until then , like you he'd only give me co codomol ... he thought I was exaggerating. . Then had spine examined and tested by a surgeon about 7 years ago .. it came back .. scoliosis, stenosis and trapped nurve .. the surgeon said it was way beond operating .. next time I saw my Dr who'd given me co codomol , soon changed his tune .. that's when I got all the help from pain management, ti chi .. proper pain control ... but I had to push at the beginning..  but it was so worth it .. I do come out fighting when I'm pushed in a corner ... 

If you'd like to chat about anything or have a moan .. if you want to just click on my granddaughter picture , that will take you to my page .. press friend request ... and we can just be vertual buddies ... so you'll never feel alone again ... l can't take your problems away, but I can listen ... and have a good matter.. but that's only if you want too .. Chrissie  x