Oesophageal cancer

Today after a endoscopy I was taken in to a side room with a Macmillan nurse and others who told me I have the above and I had a CT scan with dye, I am sat here alone sorry to say I live alone and I am feeling a little scared.

Does anyone else have this who could advise me

• Welcome to the Cancer Chat forum Alan although I'm sorry about your diagnosis.

A cancer diagnosis can bring up a whole host of emotions but you are not alone as our members have been where you are now and will completely understand how you're feeling.

I'm sure some of them will be along soon to offer their support and advice but whilst you wait I thought I would make you aware of the oesophageal cancer section we have on our website. Some of our members have found that knowing what they are dealing with has helped make a cancer diagnosis a bit less scary so I hope this helps but our cancer nurses are just a phone call away if you'd like to talk to someone about this as well. They're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m.

We're here for you Alan.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator  

• Thank you Steph, I am lost for words at the moment I will look to the information you sent.bye for now

Kind regards Alan