Oesophageal cancer

Hi everyone 

Just joined today as feel I need some advise 

My dad was diagnosed on Friday with oesophageal cancer he was discharged today as it's a holiday we know nothing about his cancer or what the plan is

He has been given tablet morphine but since he's been home all he has done is be sick 

Any advice plz 

•  

Hi Lauren,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis and how sick he has been since he started taking his morphine tablet.

Why not phone the hospital and ask if they can give him some medicine to counteract the sickness? There are several different types of this medication, so if one type doesn't work, don't be afraid to ask for another.

Do please let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Hi Lauren,

So sorry to read about your Dad. Your post raises so many questions - how come he was in hospital/are you in the UK/does he have a medical history related to OC? 

Christmas and New Year are always awkward due to all the public holidays being so close together.

If he carries on being sick either activate the escalation procedures he was given on discharge, or take him to A&E - that's what they are there for.

Good luck

Dave

• Hi

Thanks for reply

He's been attending gp and hospital since September until endoscope was finally done on boxing day when we got the news 28th December 

They have discharged him on Monday we got him anti sickness meds but still we have not had any support of information regarding my dad's cancer x 

•  

Hi Lauren,

I am sorry to hear that you are still in the dark about your dad's cancer. Yu should hear something from the clinic early in the New Year. If not, you could talk to his GP, who should have his results by now. Can someone attend all of your dad's appointments with him? This should help you from being left in limbo like this again. It is also helpful to draw up a list of questions for his consultant before each appointment.

I sincerely hope that you get some answers soon.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx