Newly diagnosed

Hello, ive just been diagnosed with agressive lymphoma.

Im feeling very overwhelmed and feel like I need to put a brave face on all the time for the sake of my family.

My son is getting married in September and I dont want to spoil  or feel too ill to enjoy the day. Think I'm on a bit of a downer.

Deb

• Hi deb ...

And welcome to our little club... as much as we all wish we didn't have to be here , wer so glad we have a place to come ...

Oh my , your really lucky if your just on a bit of a downer... wer all devastated at finding out the diagnosis..  I think your really putting a brave face on it ... well here you don't have to be BRAVE.. you can let it all out ... I cryed for nearly 2 days on finding out my grade 3 breast cancer ... wouldn't talk to anyone .. then once I'd let it all out .. I was ready for the fight ... 

Got myself a vertual pink pair of vertual boxing gloves and got in the ring ready to kick it's ***.... coz cancer wants us to lay down and never get up... to drown in the fear of it .. but it's got another thing comming ... so you really yell / rant and cuss it .. then join us lot in the boxing ring .. together wer strong..

I know your trying to do this alone .. but you may find everyone is doing the same .. trying to be brave.. and then it helps no one ... this journey is about letting them hold your hand .. helping you through .. then you being at that wonderfull wedding ... it's a lonely journey without a hand to hold .. my son and daughter in law got me through .. my daughter in law was with me when i had my scan and held my hand when they took a biopsy ...they were with me on the day of my masectomy in July 2017 ...

Without letting them in I could have caved in .. so please know it will be hard all round .. but they need to feel needed and a part of things ... and you can always come on here and chat about anything ... 

Sending you a vertual hug.... Chrissie xx

• In that ring right with you xxx 

• Cool tonid... the more the merrier and stronger against that nasty crule cancer ...