Newbie here

Hello, I am a newbie -I am 58, married to Peter for nearly 40 years, i have one daughter who with her hubby and our twin grandchildren live with us, we are a cat and dog mad family and enjoy the chaos of a mixed age household LOL, living in West Sussex in a small village , I am semi retired though do make a bit of money baking and decorating celebration cakes, andlove arts and craft, reading and music. 

I was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago,successful lumpectomy, waiting for my 2nd check up on 23rd March, just feel so worried that i shall be told its back.

Since my lumpectomy i have had continued bad health, discovered a heart murmur , have too many red blood cells, had all my fillings re done, all my consultants have said it could be due to the laser, and just had several leg ulcers still undergoing treatment on one leg due to lymphodemea, along with a low immune system which has me down with colds and chest infections frequently, has any one else had illness to cope with after laser?

• Hi Blueraven,

Hope you dont mind a man replying. Incidentley I also live in West Sussex. I can fully inderstand your feelings as when any of us who have had cancer have tests/results due, we are all concerned about what we may be told. It's only natural. Even though I am a very positive person, I aways feel good and also relieved when I get good results after my blood test for prostate cancer which I had six and a half years ago.

With regard to all the other problems, I have no knowledge but I do know of someone who experianced something similar. She was told that because of the treatment she had for breast cancer, it might have lowered her immune system. Lets face it having cancer affects us both in medical terms but also emotionally, and it is often the emotional side that is often overlooked by the medical people. It can be very draining.

I wish you and your family well and please let us know how you get on, Brian

• Thank you Brian, yes it is the waiting i think that gets me most, Iknow that if the outcome is bad news I will, no question about it , go through it all again but like all of us would rather not.

I hope you are in good health now and remain so x

In my case the laser was trained so near my heart that i do remember now one of the operatives saying so , but in the toing and froing everyday i forgot .

I am lucky as with the grand children living here with us there is not much time to feel sorry for myself they have been a real help in both during and after . I do hope your friend is in better health now.