I am 71 and my wife has recently had a mastectomy and is about to start chemo.

My wife has many chronic conditions, and I am not in the best of health, and I am concerned about the how I am going to be able to deal with possible physical problems.

We are both balanced and level headed individuals so I don't see us having any mental issues as we have been dealing with them a day at a time comfortably up to now. 

• Hi there ...

And welcome to our little chat room ... I had my masectomy July last year ... and I know after surgery we have to take things easy .. if you need extra help for your wife .. give McMillan a ring ... they are there monday to fri ... so you may have to wait now till Monday ... but they can a range help for your wife .. or tell you where to go to get it ...

I have a lot of health issues too ... and I'm 64 ... so I know how hard this can be .. but it is doable, esp with your amazing caring attitude ... it's o.k to feel different emotions , we all do .. but the stronger you are the more cancer runs away ... there is lots of us breast lasses on here. . And wer all doing o.k ..

Breast cancer has come along way ... so hold on in there ... Chrissie x