New to this

Hello, I suppose I just need to vent a few feelings really. Just over 3 weeks ago what looked like a bite appeared on my right breast, it was very red with a little pus oozing from the middle. I knew it wasn't a bite as it didn't itch. I thought about it over the weekend and decided to phone my surgery for advice. I was told to go down straight away which I did. The practitioner I saw said it wasn't a bite but he could feel a lump behind it which he thought wasn't cancer but he would do me a 2 week referral to be safe. When the 2 weeks was up I rang the appointments department and was told there is a delay and it will be a few weeks before I am seen. Most of the time I am ok thinking it will be nothing but sometimes, usually around 2am, I start thinking of all the worst case scenarios. Since being seen at the surgery a small purple spot has appeared and there is now some tenderness in the breast and armpit. I'm worried that it could be the start of inflammatory breast cancer and the extra wait has become frustrating for me.

Thank you to anyone for reading this.