New to this

Time to admit I have cancer and join in.

New lung cancer diagnosis and asked to consider lobectomy OR waiting until nodule gets big enough for radiotherapy.

Consultant and nurse advise surgery but I see here how life changing this can be.

Looking forward to being among friends here !

• Hello and welcome although I am sure you don't want to be here.  I am sorry to learn of your diagnosis and hope that you have good support from families and friends.  I have nursed friends with lung cancer; I have had no expeience of this myself.  I know others on this forum are currently supporting loved ones and am pretty sure they will come along and talk with you about their experiences.  Ask anything; tell us anything and we will do our best to (a) help you and (b) remember you are still the human being you always were and not just a walking illness - I know of friends and neighbours who felt everything had been subsumed into their diagnosis.  Looking forward to hearing more from you and your life.  Annie

• Just thought I’d add my welcome to you. I’m sorry that you find yourself here but you are among friends who are paddling along in the same boat.  We might have different diagnoses but we all go through the same emotions and ups and downs. Drop in any time for a chat or even a rant.

• Hi mushti... Hi and welcome ... lots of us on this rollercoaster of a ride ... you must be feeling rather shell shocked... those early days are really hard ... and l think they are the worst thing about this journey of ours... but looking back, it is doable ... and hopefully, you have back up of family and friends ... 

Any thing you want to ask ... or vent... or just talk ... this is a great place ... it got me through those early days ... reading all the threads makes you realise just how many of us there are ... 

So hold on tight, it's a bumpy ride ... but wer right by you ... Chrissie x

• Welcome mush ti, we don't want to be here, but I also have lung cancer, waiting to hear what they can do for me

im ready for any treatment they can offer, operation or chemo to get rid of this disease, my biggest fear Is them saying nothing can be done, as it started in my adrenal gland on my kidney, think it's good news that it all down my left side

take care Chris

• Hi Mushti,

Welcome to the forum. An interesting choice of username, we all need to release our pent up frustrations in some way :-)

Best wishes

Dave