New to the forum

Can anyone please spare the time to explain how Im supposed to use this site, I'm not the brightest spark and the chemo dulls that lol

• Can anyone please spare the time to explain how Im supposed to use this site, I'm not the brightest spark and the chemo dulls that lol

• Hi,

I have just replied to you on the Beautiful Picturs thread

Best wishes, Brian.

• Welcome to the forum,

And don't worry - you have done really well already by posting in the Beautiful Pictures thread. I moved your post into a separate thread so that you now have your own thread and can get chatting to others who may be in a similar situation.

First of all, I was wondering whether you would like to change your username? I am happy to do it for you - it can be changed to anything. We advise people not to use their full names as usernames though to protect their privacy. You can, for example, decide to call yourself  'peartree', 'sunlight' or anything you want really!

I would also suggest you have a look at our guidelines on how to use the forum. Most importantly, find out how to start a new discussion here or learn how to add a profile picture here. You will soon be an expert I am sure and guiding others who are starting on the forum. If we can help you with anything though, don't hesitate to give us a shout, and we'll be happy to help.

So what brings you to the forum? We would love to hear your story. You mention you are experiencing what many on here call 'chemo brain'. We look forward to hearing about your experience and I hope you can soon get chatting to others here who are in a similar situation.

Best wishes,

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thanks really am an Internet virgin would like to join chats  with others in my situation but think my lack of understanding of the internet is to big a hurdle to overcome, 3 was just my lucky number ,

• Hello, 3, as Lucie said, for a 'starter' you have done well to get this far!  There is a grey dropdown menu at the top of the page which shows all the available threads where you can get more info or chat with others in a similar situation, hope that helps as well as Lucie's suggestions. 

Take care, we are all waiting to hear from you!

Hazel x 

• Thanks, to introduce myself I'm father of three 41  happy go lucky been living with this for 7 years had many chemo and opperations ,just had cyber knife to head and on chemo for lungs and bowl and other parts I can't spell lol ,problem is I look healthier than healthy people and unless you're in the same position I don't think u can understand or how much you don't want to waste time and just have large fun whenever you can :) p's would have put this on introduction page but couldn't work it out 

• Following on from  Lucie's suggestion that you might like to change your username I see that you replied that it's your Lucky number so you could use 'Lucky3' for example.  It makes it a little easier for you to be recognised if you have your own thread but you can comment on any thread that you would like to. Hope the link on how to use the forum will explain things a little more for  you but as you can already see there are plenty of us who can offer a helping hand or listening ear when you wish to chat. All the best with your treatment. Jules54

• As haze44 said, you're doing really well 3.. you'll be a forum pro before you know it ;) A great person for you to talk to is max56 who also had cyber knife to her head so look out for her messages on the forum.

I completely understand you want to keep 3 in your username if it's your lucky number. My lucky number is 4 actually. I love the number 4. You seem to be very fun-loving or happy go lucky as you say.

I see you have received some lovely responses from our members, so I will let you all chat away :)

Lucie

• Cheers will indever to work it out ,think I sent max 5 a friend request but managed to read situation  ,sounds extremely simler to mine ,may I also say being new to using internet spell check rocks 

• Hi 3, yes please get in touch with Max56 as Lucie says.  Max is Wonderwoman!

Hazel x