New to the Forum

I have browsed this forum before a few times...not sure how I found it as I am in the states, not the UK, but pain and struggle are universal human conditions.  I hope everyone stays strong.  Just lost my mother a few hours ago to lung cancer and lost my wife to breast cancer 3 years ago, so I am alone now.  For everyone with a family still around them, embrace that love.

• Hello Sean, so sorry to read about your mum, must be very raw at the moment, especially after losing your wife as well.  I send my condolences.

Please don't feel alone, now that you have found this site there will always be someone in a similar position who will listen when you need to share your feelings.  God bless.

Hazel xx

• Hi Sean, me again.  I forgot to say that there is a thread on here called 'Coping with loss' that you may find helpful.  

Take care, thinking of you.

Hazel xx

•  

Hi Sean,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I impart my sincere sympathy on the loss of your mother and of your dear wife.

Finding us here in the UK just shows the power of the internet and we are happy to support anybody anywhere in the world. You also have similar support groups in the USA, which I presume that you have already discovered?

My Mum had breast cancer, which she fought bravely for 12 years. In her last year she had metastases in her brain, bones, liver and lungs and it was heartbreaking to watch her deteriorate so quickly. I still miss her every day, but there are times when I sense her presence beside me, which is of great solace. I myself was diagnosed with breast cancer 7 years ago and with a second primary the following year.

Don't let the fact that you no longer have these loved ones with you in person prevent you from going out and about and making new friends.  I am sure that both your wife and your mother wouldn't want you to be home alone. Have you any interests or hobbies that could take you out to meet other people? You will find that there are a number of support groups for men in a similar position to yourself.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

• Thanks Haze...will check that out...beautiful peaceful pic btw.

• Keep fighting Jolamine...I do have some great friends and I have the courage to experience the full weight of my feelings.  Think I just needed to vent a little on this site.  Thank you.  

• Thanks Sean, I took my avatar from the 'Beautiful Pictures' thread, my friend Woodworm (Brian) on there who started the thread knows I love rainbows and often posts them for me. 

Hope you've found some solace on the 'Coping with Loss' thread, Sean, and I send my thoughts your way.

Hazel xx