New to group

Hi 

I’m new to this group. I was diagnosed in December with Colon cancer with liver metastasis and told I had 1-4 months to live without treatment, with treatment 15 to 30 months maybe more if treatment was successful and they could do a liver resection.I had to have chemo first before any operations due to the size and amount of tumours and I also has no symptoms. 

Ive had 3 chemo sessions and my forth was due this Monday but they’ve had to cancel as my WBC is low.I know this happens to a lot of people but I’m worried as my life span was rather short. Im also being trialed on Panetumamab with my chemo and I’m aware that if I miss treatments this will be stopped, is one of the criteria’s for the funding apparently. 

Any advice on anything I can do to get my WBC count up as I’m finding this whole situation difficult, I try to be positive but I’m fed up with people telling me I’m going to be ok!!

• So sorry I can't help as I'm just a breast cancer lass ... but just wanted to say hi ... your in the wars for sure ... don't worry to much on people saying you'll be all right as it's so hard for some to know what to say ... maybe we'd do the same if things were reversed ... 

Well here's hoping you get the answers you want ... and all the best for your future treatment ... fingers crossed for you ... your not alone, there's lots of us on here walking this path with you ... Chrissie xx

•  

Hi Dawnem,

I am so sorry to hear about your predicament.

I am another breast cancer lady, so I don't know much about how to raise your WBC count. It might be worth phoning the nurses on this site who should be able to answer your question. You can reach them on 0808 800 4040. This number is freephone from any UK landline and they are very helpful.

I sincerely hope that they will be able to help you.

If you do get any useful tips, please let us know, as this advice would help others on this site. We are always here for you whenever you want to talk.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx