New to all this

So my moms been having lots of blood tests at the hospital and got her results today. Its Myeloproliferature disorder. Aparently its a rare blood cancer thats in the bone marrow and isnt curerable.  I know i shouldnt but keep looking on google at what it is and the life expectancy is. Shes got to go back in two weeks to tell them if she wants to go on the chemo drugs or not. Im prety sure she will. Shes been told she could have years left as its a slow caner. Has anyone got any experence with this type of cancer. 

Thank you 

• Hi, I have MDS another rare blood cancer, not curable but treatable maybe I could be some help to you ,best wishes Christine

• Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. My moms got to take a low dose of chemo tablets for the rest of her life now. Just wondering how it’s all going to affect her , and if she can lead a normal life. Thank you for answering me Christine xx

• Hi, my condition is myelodysplastic syndrome another rare blood cancer not curable but treatable,I have to have three injections every week and regular  blood transfusions,which will probably for life.My life is as normal as possible I just get a bit breathless and tired at times but know when to pace myself but I do have to remind myself I am seventy years old and not a spring chicken anymore,I also have been treated for breast cancer which I developed in 2013,but hey ho I am still here and enjoying life and feeling lucky. my friend also has to take a chemo tablet for life and he still runs his corner shop.I am quite positive your mum will be ok and lead a perfectly normal life once all treatment falls into place and gets going,I send my love to you and any more questions please ask. Xx where do you live is it in the UK x

• Sounds like youve been through the mill. Sounds like you have a very positive attitude. My moms 69. Since i found out ive done alot of reseach on it. It seems  shes had altot of the symptoms for a while. The appointment came through today for a week on monday. Just a waiting game really. Just hope she adapts to the chemo well and she isnt too bad on it. Shes very positve in herself and keeps saying she feels fine and shes not ill. I dont think its sunken in properly for her yet. We're in wolverhampton. She moved near my house two years ago so shes only a 5 min drive away. Good to know i can get to her quickly. Xx 

• Hi it's me again, I also had symptoms for a while my doctors kept saying it was my age or because I had breast cancer but you know your own body and I knew something was not right.I wish your Mum all good wishes for a week on Monday and at least she is on a treatment plan,I started to feel better once treatment started as I am sure your mum will, if you wish let me know how your Mum gets on.I live in Skipton in Yorkshire, all for now and I send healing thoughts to your Mum and of course to yourself xx

• Thank you Christine. It’s really nice knowing there’s someone who I can message. Take care of yourself xx

• Anytime even if it's just a chat I will be here take care xx