New primary 5 years after breast cancer

Hello all. Just thought I would introduce myself and tell you a bit about me.

In Feb 13 I was diagnosed with primary breast cancer, had lumpectomy, chemo, radiotherapy and Herceptin. All good until Oct this year when I had some post menopausal bleeding. I had a laparoscopy and removal of 2 polyps 26th November then found out yesterday I have grade 2 entometrial cancer, the stage is not yet known. I see Consultant Mon 10th Dec and the plan is MRI of pelvis, chest x ray then probable hysterectomy. At the moment I feel very calm and controlled but I think this will change after seeing the Consultant.

Is there anyone else on here with endometrial cancer who can offer me advice etc? I would really appreciate it as this is quite different to my breast cancer. Thank you for reading this and love and peace to you all  

• Hello Lindylou

I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. How did your appointment go yesterday? I hope that the consultant was able to answer some of your questions and offer you some reassurance. 

I've had a look through the forum and can see that [@river56]‍ has had a diagnosis of endometrial cancer and now I've tagged her in to this post hopefully she'll pop along to say hello. You might also might to have a look at this thread. If you comment on that thread then some of the ladies there may also recieve notifications and drop by to share their experiences with you. 

Best wishes
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Hi Lindylou

Not been on the chat for a few days but seen that Moderator Jenn mentioned me in response to your thread.

It depends on your diagnosis as to what treatment you will be offered mine was type 4B which meant chemo and radiotherapy.  They cant start the treatment right after your hystorectomy but have to wait for you to heal a bit ( things may have changed in the 4 years since mine).

Will look through the threads to see if you have posted anything else but if you have any questions/queries I will try and help.

all the best  River