New

Would like to say hi to everyone im 36 years old and on friday was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer I not really know how I feel I am scared and have my operation on the 27 

•  

Hi Emma and a very warm welcome to Cancer Chat.

I am sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. You will be scared just now. Waiting for the results of tests is a very scary time. Now that you have got them, you will find that your emotions are all over the place and you will possibly burst into tears several times in one day. Don’t worry about tears – let them flow, as they are a good release valve.

Fortunately the 27th is not that far away, although to you, it probably feels like a lifetime. Do your best to distract yourself from the wait by keeping as busy as possible.

What surgery are you having – a lumpectomy or a mastectomy? I have had 2 bouts of breast cancer, the first 8 years ago and the second 7. I had a lumpectomy followed by Tamoxifen the first time and a mastectomy followed by 6 years of Letrozole the second. I was terrified before surgery, but both were doable and were a lot less traumatic than I’d envisaged. Fear of the unknown is awful and my imagination tended to run away with me imagining the worst possible outcome. Fortunately, this didn’t turn out to be the case.

I wish you all the very best for 27th. I shall be thinking of you then. Please let us know how you get on. In the meantime, we are always here for you whenever you want to talk.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx