New

hi I am Eddie just been diagnosed with stomach cancer too far gone to do surgery as in the lymph and peritoneum so only chemo available. Had first dose week ago and at the moment don't feel too bad. I am 70 years old but have kept very fit over the last 4 years which does make me angry as this blasted disease apparently has been there for that long. I have had no pain or anything and the main reason I went to doctors was the loss of weight. Stone and a half in 3 months.  I intend to fight this and will carry on going to the gym as much as possible as I am sure it will help. I am happy to answer any questions if I can help anyone in this situation. I will keep posting how the chemo is progressing.  At the moment I am working full time and will continue to do so as long as I can. 

Dud get a kick in the teeth from insurance company as I have been paying premium ps for years but because there is less than 12 months on the policy left they will not pay out even though I am covered for terminal illness. It seems you cannot claim for the first 2 years and the last year so if you had a ten year policy 3 of those years you are not covered for. ???? 

Sorry rant over it would have made my dear wife's life a lot easier but hey I will just have to beat the hell out this cancer and live for a while yet. 

• Hey Eddie So sorry that we have to meet like this but I saw your post. I honestly do admire you for being so strong! My Grandad has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer that has already spread and I am finding it really difficult to accept at the moment and we have always been so close. I hope you are feeling well today Best wishes
  • Hi Abbie. Thanks for the reply.  I hope your Grandad is not too bad. I am being strong for my lovely wife who is 80 years old on the 1st of June and I need to be with her for as long as possible. I do have grown up children one daughter who I run our business with and who only lives around the corner but the other two one son and another daughter live away from us. 

I think if you have family who can help it is important but also try to be positive about what your Grandad can have with you for the rest of his time. It will help him I am sure if you can be as strong as possible. Don't get me wrong I know what it's like as my Dear wife also had cancer 3 years ago but luckily her was curable. We did have a joke when I got my diagnosis as she said. You would have to go one better and have an incurable one. 

Please reply whenever you feel a need as I know sometimes it is easier to talk to someone rather than family. 

Take care and wish your Grandad all the best from me please. 

Kind Regards 

Eddie 

• If I ever have even half the motivation you have I will be happy! You sound amazing! Good luck and well wishes

B