Need someone to talk to

Hey guys.

So we went to my muma consultation today and we were told her secondary bone cancer has now spread to her liver. Lungs and lymphs. They are going to start new treatment. This all being said has now limited her life to even shorter then what we was originally told. 

I have no one to talk to as all the men in my family just walk away or agree with me. My mum is my best friend and without her i feel i have no one. I keep thinking what am i going to do without a mum... my children arnt going to remember their nanny. I literatly see her every day of my life... my children absolutely love her as their other family lives in bristol and very rarely see them. 

I just dont know what to do after today. Im meant to be the strong one for the family but im crumbling. 

If anyone has sadly lost their mother it would be great help if you could give some advice on how tou dealt with it because i just think im gunna end up depressed again. 

Thank you all for everyone who reads this and reached out to me xx

• Hello sweetie - it's terribly sad that you & your mum have found yourself in this situation & it's no wonder you are feeling so upset, scared & worried. It's sad too that the men in your family aren't being supportive & that you're having to cope alone. 

It seems that you are worrying (understandably) about things in the future & that is making things worse for you. Try to take things one day at a time. We none of us know how the future will turn out & often it's not as dreadful as we fear it might be. You'll find a way of coping if you do just take it one day at a time - truly you will.

You also say you think you might get depressed again so you've suffered from depression in the past I'm guessing? I've also suffered from depression from time to time in my life & so I do know how awful it is. Do you think it might be a good idea to see your GP & tell him or her what's going on in your life & that you are fearful of being depressed again? She/he might be able to prescribe something that will help prevent that happening so that you will be able to deal with what is to come.

You can post here whenever you like so that there is someone else to talk to & hopefully make you feel less alone. Please think about what I've said & try to take care of yourself so that you can continue to do the best for your mum. x