Need some advice please

I started to lose weight about 12 months ago, I've had pains in my bones and chest yet x-rays of my chest came back clear, I have been arguing with my doctor for 8 months that I do not have an eating disorder and that I need help deperately, he referred me to mental health . Well it all got too much for me and I tried to take my life 3 weeks ago (yes I failed) only then did my doctor think it's time to see me! It now turns  out I have lost 50% of my body weight and after being referred to rheumatology and being told I have no arthritis I just have no muscle left around my joints as they have waisted away. I now have a dietician who says she definitely believes me and is trying to help but build ups are not making any difference! My doctor called again to talk to me and his exact words were.... I believe you have cancer! I'm sending you for an urgent body scan and I hope it comes back clear or we are up *** creek!...... sorry for the language but that was his words, well after waiting two weeks I decided to call the hospital who have booked me in for Tuesday morning but now I'm getting too scared to go

• I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles this past year. You did amazing to keep pressing your GP, only you really know your body and can tell when something is wrong. So sorry I don't have any medical advice, would just always recommend to ask for a second opinion from another doctor. I can imagine this is a really scary time, make sure to attend that appointment for the full body scan, the waiting is horrible but answers always help us figure out what's best to do next. I really hope everything goes well for you x

• I'm scared what my chances of beating any type would be as I only weigh 6 1/2 stone about 42 kilos so not sure if knowing will be easier.feeling very scared and let down at the moment and nowhere to turn to for any advice etc, thank you for replying it means a lot xx