Need Advice

Hi I'm very new to this. So 4 weeks ago I had a MRI for back pain, they have found a 17 inch (Huge) Ovarian Mass (tumour) I'm 32 with 4 children.. I currently look well over due in pregnancy and currently feeling worse everyday. The pain is unbearable some nights. I'm currently Isolating until the 12 November when my surgery will take place. As you can imagine I'm terrified. Has any one had a Laparotomy with Removal. I'm so scared of the recovery process. I can't find anything on the internet. Please any advice would be appreciated. 

• Hi Pink,

A very warm welcome to our forum, although I'm sorry to hear why you've joined us. If you go to the blue banner at the top of this page and click the search box, then enter 'Laparotomy', 'Ovarian cancer' or similar, you will find other posts on this subject. I know that this is a scary time, but try to think positive. You will help your recovery if you can do this.

I am afraid that I cannot help you with what is involved. I am a breast cancer victim and know little about ovarian cancer. I just noticed that nobody had replied to your post and, thought that I would point you in the direction of getting some first hand experience. There will also be some information about this on the Cancer Research site. 

If you can help it try to stay away from 'Dr Google', as this serves little purpose and will only scare you further. You will find your care team extremely helpful and empathetic. Feel free to ask us anything you need to know. I hope that someone who can help you more will come along soon. You can also contact one of the nurses on this site if you want to talk to a professional. Their number is 0808 800 4040 and they are opn from 9.00am - 5.00 pm from Monday - Friday.

I do hope that all goes well for you on 12th November. Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx