Nearly 6 weeks no cervix biopsy results LLETZ

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time for to read my post, I've been browsing for a few weeks and I've decided now is a good time to say hello and post ;)

Ive had an abnormal smear, HPV and high grade cells, I've not had a successful smear in 10 years, I beleave this is because i have a phobia of smears, when I see the spectrulum to me it's like someone is coming at me with a knife! this fear has caused my vaginal muscles to spasm and the spectrulum couldn't be put in to find my cervix.

I work full time, I'm a mum to a 5 year old, I didn't want to put anyone out taking a day off work to mind my son whilst I could cost effectively have a smear test, inspite of my fear and problems I kept at the failed smears, I  probably should of been given Valium, then 1 doctor managed a successful smear.

Results came back as above, consultants decision (failed having a colocopy, consultant couldn't get spetrulm in) Was to go under general for LLTEZ biopsy.

I'm waiting for results anxiuosly, I'm told by the hospital they are taking longer than usual to come back, they are checking daily and if I have further questions to call them back.

Because I haven't had a smear in 10 years finding it difficult concentrating in work and I'm thinking the worst, can anyone relate to my story or anyone successfully come out of a cervical biopsy with a 6 week wait?

Thank you 

• Hi Stacey 

Keep insisting to get your results.  Hope it all comes out clear. 

I hate smear tests too but always depends on nurses how gentle they are. Had some bad experiences myself and some good but will never stop hating that test lol 

• Good Evening Stacey,

Currently two weeks into my "four week" wait for my results after lletz and biopsy on my first smear! 

I can't offer much in a success story (hopefully in two weeks time! ) but can be someone who kind of understands the worries and anxieties during the dreaded wait!!

I'm the worst when it comes to worrying, I just end up making the most inappropriate jokes to use laughter as my coping mechanism - the few close friends I have told have been a great support, everyone else - well, they just think I'm off my head more than ever!!

Sending you lots of luck x

• Hi there,

Thanks for replying! I hope you get your results on time and you can move on from it! I'm still waiting, it's 7 weeks on Monday! Chased my results, explained how anxious I was etc, lady at hospital went to consultants sectary and got consultants notes which were read out over the phone before any official letter typed and sent, take home message I don't have cancer, CIN3, they are short staffed and consultant hasn't had time to interpret my results and have them typed, i might have to go back to hospital for same treatment again, I'm currently waiting for a letter to say I'm done or I have to go back for same treatment due to result of the biopsy. My head is clearer being told I don't have cancer, I know what to expect now if I have to go back again for another round of LLTEZ under general, hope your recovery is going well, I'm a fan of the gym not been for 6 weeks, feel ready to get back on the treadmill! 

• Hi,

So I finally got my biopsy results today, after chasing consultants secretary, I receive a phone call from a nurse wanting to discuss my biopsy results before official letter is sent, biopsy results show I still had CIN3 cells so I have to go back for 2nd round of LLTEZ under general, I'm told this will be in the new year, I'm ok with this, I mentally prepared myself as much as I could a few weeks back for further treatment, I found  the waiting around for results  more difficult than the treatment, I hope I'm done after this, I'm posting this incase anyone else is in a similar position, I wanted to share my experience so far, when I was recovering from 1st round the nurses were saying 'your done' 'this is it now' 'it's over', I wondered how they could know this before any officially results were available lol I'm glad I thought otherwise and prepared myself otherwise I could of been in complete shock, anyone else been through this twice? 

• Had 2nd round of LLETZ today under general all went well, was discharged on the ward by same nurse from 4 months ago, this time I have a discharge summary sheet! It says results will come via Hystology and will contact me for follow up, nurse told me the results will be here in 3 weeks, I'm not holding my breath so will chase them up after 3 weeks time. I have a follow up review with the consultant too as I've been experiencing unexplained pains, I hope to get clear results from Hystology but the pain aspect still needs looking into.  

• Stacy1245 my friend had an abnormal smear in November and then the lletz procedure done 5 weeks ago. Her results are inconclusive, and she's been advised that they need to be discussed again by the consultant panel, who only meet once s month. So stressful and frustrating for her. How old are you?

Thanks

• Hi thanks for reply, I completely understand your friends frustration, it's horrible waiting for results, I hope she gets them on time and is able to move forward with them, I came out of hospital Friday and was told today I have an infection, given 2 weeks antibiotics and swops done, trying not think about histology results it's difficult but I'm getting on with it! I'm 39, Happy to chat anytime!

• I had abnormal smear in January, in for lletz procedure 4th February. Still waiting on my results back, will be 4 weeks this Thursday. Everyone keeps telling me no news is good news but my own process is "no news means they are looking more closely at changes". 

I'm finding the waiting really difficult, I have suffered with really bad pains since having the procedure done and am panicking. 

• Hi, I'm new here but have read this a few times. I had a smear in November. I got the results 6th January, HPV and abnormal cells. I have previously missed 2 smears which I know is not good. I had a cervical biopsy 2nd February and they said I have Cin2. I'm still waiting for the results and have tried several times to chase it up. It's actually been hell waiting and I just keep imagining the worst. I've had irregular periods for the past 18 months and pains. I have a coil fitted and had an appointment last March but it was cancelled. The pains have been worse since having the biopsy and I haven't had a period since the week before. I haven't told anyone other than my boyfriend and best friend, but sometimes the panic is just too much. I'm really hoping that I get the results this week. 

• Hi Joanna_7

I had results of cin3 over the phone, after chasing, still not had letter and will be 6 weeks this Thursday. My periods have been irregular for a few years and no one took me seriously and put it down to being a side effect of being on the pill. With what I was told on phone I will have test of cure in 6 months nothing more I can do. Pain is bad and have recently developed a new pain inside. Not had a period since the heavy one after lletz procedure. X