My wife has cancer

I just don’t know how to start this think with cancer my wife had tumer in bowl and had it removed and is now on chemo it is very hard to watch hir with this cancer I am off work just now to help and support my wife and when you have to call work I feel like a fraud because I don’t have it but it is worrying about your job then I look at hir and fell really bad sorry I am not very good at the kind of thing 

• Hi there ..

Bless ya .. I've been on both sides of cancer .. and for me, it's harder watching someone I love go through it, and know there's nothing we can do to take it away .. so be kind to yourself .. and never ever feel like a fraud ... far from it .. your now classed as a carer .. and oh my.. that's one of the best bravest things you'll ever do ..

I'm sure someone where you work will know someone with cancer and know what you must be going through ..your being brave, kind and truely amazing .. well done you .. she will need you so much while going through chemo .. it wipes most people out .. and don't worry if she gets emotional .. they will take her on highs and lows... just hold her hand... it will mean more then you realise ..

Chrissie x

• Hi Johnny, it's very hard being the non cancer partner, you're watching someone you love being in pain and you have to cope with daily life, the home, family bills and try and stay calm.  Are you aware that you can receive extra money because of your wife's diagnosis, speak to the nurses dedicated to her care they fill in the form and send it off.  I try to act as normal as possible because it's hard for your partner to see you change your life because of them.. Ask for help from friends and family if you can, people want to help but don't know how.  Speak to HR at work, see if you can take leave of absence for a while, a lot of firms do this now as they have to allow you a work, life balance.  I found if I took time off work, went back then took time off again it counted as two lots of time off, if you take one long time off its classed as one sick leave.  See if your GP will sign you off for stress, which is what is happening when you look after someone with cancer.  I've written a blog every day about this, it helps get it out of your head.  There is hope and help so take advantage of it.  Take care of yourself  you're very important in this cancer whirlwind.  Hope this helps you a little bit. Carol