My mum has terminal cancer

Hi my mum was diagnosed with kidney cancer 3 years ago and kidney was removed, she has had many radiotherapy sessions because of tumours growing places and all seemed fine, recently I found out she is terminal and I hate everyone talking about it as selfish as it sounds :( she seems so fine to me and I just can’t imagine her ever leaving me? I really cannot cope the thought of it and can’t stop crying all the time I feel so stupid and selfish but I really don’t know what I’l do without her:( I don’t really like speaking about it as I just think she’s okay she always tells me she isn’t going anywhere and she’s fine. 

• Hi Georgia, sorry to hear about your mum. Just hang in there and hope for the best. There is not much else we can do as relatives but to wait and see. It is a very unfair diagnose although we should both fell releived that they have found the cancer and started treatments for the ones we love. Hang in there!

• Hello GeorgiaD.  Just take things at your own pace; everyone has different reactions to such difficult circumstances especially when it involves someone they love dearly.    The fact that you have a terminal diagnosis does not mean that your mum won't be around for some time to come.  I recently met up with my late mum's cousin who has had a terminal lung cancer diagnosis for quite some time now and is still getting around and doing things quite happily.  It is difficult to predict but you just enjoy being with your mum, talk to her and take things as they come. I am afraid you cannot stop other people talking  - everyone has their own way of dealing with things. 

• Hi Georgia, I’m in the same boat. I feel lost and helpless. 

We need to take one day at a time. We can’t avoid the inevitable...but need to be strong until then.

Somehow

• Hi Georgia sorry to hear about your Mum , don’t feel selfish or bad I am exactly the same it’s been a little over 12 weeks since I lost my Mum , everyone handles their battles differently I never let my Mum see me cry ( too often ) as she wanted my brother and I to be strong as she was strange as it may seem I sat and watched my mum over the weeks grow weaker I saw how strong she was she fought till she couldn’t fight any longer she inspired me to be strong for her . I’ll never get used to life without Mum she really was my best friend , speak to your mum everyday and enjoy every day you have with her if your Mum says she’s not going anywhere believe her stand strong with her xx
  • Hi Georgia, I lost my mum just under 4 months ago to lung cancer. From been diagnosed to her passing was only 10 months :( she was 52, healthy had my dad me and my sister and 4 grand children. You can never quite get your head round why they were the unlucky ones to have this horrible disease!! But please shower your mum with hugs, kisses and special times. You don’t realise until they’re gone how much they mean to you and I’d do anything right now to give my mamma a big squeeze and tell her how special she was xxxxx
  • Hi Faye so sorry to hear about your mum :( it’s the worst thing in the world and I haven’t even lost my mum so I can’t imagine how you must feel! You are right I always think why my mum? It’s so hard to get your head around it! I just don’t want her to miss me getting married or having a child as stupid as it sounds you never thing it’ll happen to you? I thought she’d be around forever completely oblivious :( hope you and your family are well and staying as strong as you can xxx

• Sorry about your mum and I hope you and your family are okay and staying strong, thank you for your kind words and you are right! It just makes you think why my mum? Doesn’t it :( nobody deserves this pain it causes it’s awful! Thank you again xxx

• Thank you for your kind words xxx

• Hey I know your so right it doesn’t mean she’s going anywhere just yet and I need to try and remember that! I’m such a worrier and I wish I wasn’t and yeah your right I need to enjoy my time with her, thank you for your lovely words xxz

• It’s the worst feeling in the world isn’t it :( I just feel so helpless and want to cry all the time! I hope your okay and your mum is fighting strong! And your right we do need to be as strong as we can somehow :( sometimes I just wish it would all go away and why my mum? As selfish as it seems but it really does make you think why mine? Stay strong and thank you for replying xx