My mum has Ovarian Cancer

Hi there 

I'm new to all this. My poor mum has been going through hell. She was diagnosed in March this year. They have said this is very rare type. Low grade but it's behaving like a high grade. Stage 4 as it's on her lymph node.  recently she's been having these extreme tummyaches and been hospitalised for 3 weeks. Can someone please help me understand what we can do from now on to stop this getting worse again someone with experience?? 
We were told that chemo isn't working awaiting a bee treatment for her. It breaks my heart to see her this way. 

• Hello Audra18

I'm sorry to hear that your Mum has been given this diagnosis and that recently she's needed to be admitted to hospital. It sounds like it's been a very difficult time for you both. 

Have you been able to speak to the team responsible for her care to ask for their advice? I know with the current Covid situation this is not always possible and that can make things more complicated. 

I wonder if you might find it helpful to talk things through with one of our team of nurses? I'm sure they would be able to offer you some support and advice about how best to help Mum at this point. If you'd like to speak to them they are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 0808 800 4040. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator