My mum

My mum has myeloma cancer she had all her chemo treatments at the hospital then she caught covid survived that and they told me everything had worked and she was doing fine  . My mum has been out of hospital approx 8 wks and now they've told me its back she now has to have chemo pills but I've told my mum if she starts to feel really ill not to take them anymore as my mums been through enough and shes 80 this year its about having abit of quality and the end its all so heartbreaking though 

• Hi nickyjack16

My Mum is a bit younger than yours but her story is very similar, although the chemo tablets have stopped working now and she is about to start Immunotherapy the only side effects she had was temperature control, with paracetamol this was well controlled. I know she may have been very lucky but taking the chemo has brought her more time.

I know it's agonisingly painful to watch somebody you love go through something so scary, and with the added distress of the side-effects some days can be pretty tough. 

I think if my mum felt really ill while she was on the therapy and I knew the outcome was going to be the same regardless, I would say and do exactly the same as you have.

I hope she and you remain well, take care.

Cim