My Mum

Hello, I'm Cathy. My mum was diagnosed with metastatic adenocarcinoma on the 19th of January. My mum is 66. Although I have support from friends and family, I'm feeling very alone.

• Hello Cathy.  Welcome to the forum.  Am I right in thinking that you meant to say that you had no support from family and friends.  Whatever, it doesn't matter, you have come here now.  I have to say that I had never heard of adenocarcinoma although I expect others on this forum will; I had to look it up.  I have never had cancer myself but came here after seeing too many family and friends go through it.    I know the worry that follows in its wake.  What treatment is your mum having; if you can provide any details then the many cancer suffered or previously cancer sufferers who post on this forum will be happy to discuss with you.  But we will also chat with you and about the awful mixture of emotions loved ones of cancer sufferers go through.  If you take a look at the various headings at the top of this website you will find loads of useful information which will help you understand what you are going through.

• Hi Cathy I know how you are feeling I'm currently going through this lonely stage it's awful. I pro,use it does get easier. I found it easier making a diary of my feelings day to day. I'm currently helping my mother in law care for my father in law. My husband is the only child and it all relys on me. I have 2 small children and trying to juggle toddler/baby duties with the care of my father in law is stressful play. I feel so alone I try explains this to my husband but he does t understand as he's worried about his parents. 

My my friends and family are really supportive and I still feel alone I've lost control on my life and the only thing I have contro, off is eating if that mKes sense. 

If if you want to chat let me know