My Mark is 53

my partner Mark and I got told last Thursday, that he only has a few months to live, it's not the news I was wanting I thought he was going to say the chemo has worked and the tumour is still on the join, but now we're in hospital and Mark has a NG tube being fed, and I've been taught to use the pump for home... he's so well in himself and saying he's fighting this he will prove Drs wrong, but I'm thinking about CBD oil, what's your view on this please....?

• Hi there ...

So so sorry, your mark has been given that news  ...

I know people who swear by CBD oil ... I tried it, and must admit I felt no different .. but from the 1st November, you will be able to get it on prescription... esp with that diagnosis .. so check with your oncology team .. and find out all you can .. I'd try anything ... but it's relatively new but results look promising ... sending you a big hug ... Chrissie

• Welcome to the forum Jayneepaynee although I'm sorry about your partner's situation.

If you're referring to the CBD oil (also known as hemp oil) that is available in the UK then it would be advisable to speak to your partner's medical team before doing anything as using this may interfere with the treatment he is currently receiving as well as carry other possible side effects.

As Chriss has mentioned, cannabis oil, although illegal in the UK at the present time, will be available on prescription from 1st November. As far as we are aware it seems to be on a case by case basis and may only be applicable to epilepsy patients at this moment in time but as Chriss has suggested, you can find out more from your partner's medical team.

You can chat to our cancer nurses about this next week as well by giving them a call on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m.

Best wishes to you both, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator