My grandad is dying of cancer

I found out yesterday that my maternal grandad might not live to see October. We only found out he had cancer a few months ago. I don’t know how to cope with this because it’s breaking my Mum and and my sister. 

The worst thing for me is that it should have been found last year, but a doctor mistook the tumour in his oesophagus for scar tissue (he was in an accident when he was a young child). By the time they found it, it was already in his lungs. 

He’s already lost a lot of weight (50kg but 5 foot 5 tall) from pancreas issues and the tumour affecting his ability to eat, so he might not even qualify for chemotherapy. 

He lives 100 miles away so we can’t see him often and I’m scared of how to cope when I need to look after my mum and sister.

• Hi there ...

So so sorry your going through this heartbraking time at the moment... it's one of the hardest things we ever have to go through ..

But one thing I've learned through life is, no one should be the strong one .. everyone should hold each other's hand ... like a link in a chain ... together it's strong ... help each other .. share tears and hugs .. listen to feelings ... that way everyone gets through ... together....

No one can stop those feelings ... it's all part of loosing people we love .. and crying let's that emotion out .. holding feelings in will help No one.... 

Sending you all a vertual hug.... Chrissie xx