my dads stage 4 lung and liver cancer

hi im new here tonight any advice would be very appreciated,thanks

• Hello jocko; sorry that your dad is so ill.  Please bear with me; I don't know how old you are and if you live at home with your parents.   How long has your dad been ill and had he been having treatment?  Is he being cared for at home?   Is your mum his main carer?  Do you have brothers and/or sisters who are helping your dad?  Sorry, I must appear very nosey.   Have you been kept informed as to what is expected prognosis-wise?  And how are you coping yourself?  It is always best to know what to expect even if it is not good news so it helps when family members can work together for mutual support.  How is your dad taking his situation?   I would suggest that you take the time to talk with him, tell him the things that are important to you and generally just be there for him. 

You might find it useful to read some information in other parts of this website   I am attaching some information for friends, family and caregivers.  I would also recommend that you take a look at the MacMillan Cancer Support website which also has loads of advice.

www.cancerresearchuk.org/.../family-friends-caregivers

If you would like to give us some more information about your family situation I and others would be very pleaed to chat with you and draw on our own personal experiences as appropriate so I hope you won't take all my questions amiss!  Annie

• sorry i have posted another post with more detail,,im new on this so may of posted wrong,,its on caring with someone with cancer just here.