My Daddy advanced prostate cancer in bones Gleason 9 stage 4

My Daddy was diagnosed last year with advanced prostate cancer and he was on hormone therapy infection in the tummy for a year and was doing well. His psa has recently risen again to over 1000 and started to not feel hungry. He is now on chemo hormone tablet and steroid to bring the levels down and to stop the progression of the cancer in his bones. He has bad fatigue and no appetite and food doesn’t taste good anymore. Hoping that these new hormones will perk him back up again and give him more energy but not happening yet. He has been on them for 2 months now. Is anybody else going through the same ? 

• Sorry to hear about your dad my husband has advanced oesophogeal cancer the chemo did make a big difference and shrunk the cancer steroids helped pic him up a bit he also has poor appatite I give h coffee made with milk cup a soup home made soup and trifle and lots of prayer hope this helps where there is life there is hope x

• Hi Joanna hope you don't mind me answering I'm advanced prostate cancer my psa was 1581 when found gleason 8 stage 4, that was Feb 2016 C went from prostate to lymph nodes, spine, ribs, pelvis and I lung I'm fine apart from aches and pains from side effects, I'm on decapetyl injections every 21 days and docetaxel cemo through a cannula when neaded, you have to be fit to have this cemo, or it makes you a lot worse, good luck.

Billy

P.s the cemo makes everything taste like cardboard,