Mum has terminal cancer

Hi everyone my mum has bile duct cancer and has recently been admitted to hospital for a kidney infection the cancer is incurable which is hard to come to terms with. However I have one sister who is extremely supportive and comes with me to visit my mum in hospital and helps a lot my dad is the same but obviously needs support also. I have another sister who doesn't seem to care I have to force her to go to the hospital and she is making it seem like she would rather be doing other things! This is hard for me to understand and I constantly shout and scream at her! Because to me as a daughter you surely would want to do anything you can to be there for your mum and spend time with her! Does anyone else have family members like this? My other sister tells me to just ignore it and carry on but I can't do that as I have to sit and watch my mum basically becone a shadow of her former self. 

• Hi Lisa

My mum has cancer & heart failure  she  is 86 years old quite weak now  and  preferes to stay living home alone. I don't live too far , a couple of miles away. I do have family member's what call to her house to visit , but they  wouldn't dream of making the bed,  dishes or put the rubbish out. They wouldn't dream to give a hoover or mop or wipe her cooker over. She still likes her independance and potter's about, she makes a mess when preparing a meal but  is too weak to clean up  showing signs of overwelming fatigue They think our mum  can cope and haven't even noticed her diet needs have changed  You are not alone some people choose to turn a blind eye, and other's are simply ignorant to the actuall facts. I hope your mum gets excellent pallitive care and is very comfortable and peaceful. Sorry you have to endure this stress my heart go's out to you xx