Mum has 6 months I was told a few hours ago I'm struggling!

hi all I'm new as in 5 minutes new,

ill try my hardest to keep this short but here goes..

end jan start of Feb 2016 my mum at 47 started vomiting blood, collapsed & was rushed into hospital. 17th Feb 2016 they let her home for 1 hour to inform me and my 3 younger siblings her scan results confirmed cancer.. ampulla cancer.. nobody in my family had the big 'C' before ever till know and nobody had heard of ampulla. 

18th Feb 2016, blue lighted to the cancer hospital and Whipple procedure immediately not long after she started chemo.. 1/2 hour chemo once a week for 3 weeks and then a week off (6 month treatment) that ended in November 2016 she needs scans ever 3 months due to being selected for a clinical trial.

fast forward to 1st Feb 2017 routine scan I went with her, 7 days after were told it's all clear...4 weeks later she said in the g.p's surgery in utter agony pain, sent straight back to cancer hospital who done a emergency scan the day after (only 4 weeks after all clear), week later results we didn't ever want or expect so soon, 1cm growth in 4 weeks, 2 weeks later CT scan an results week after that so 3 weeks.. 1cm growth is now also a mass on her chest behind main aorta and abdomen, I can already see the pattern at 31 nearly 32 it scared the crap out of me. PET scan week after CT results confirms lymph nodes involved too. 

Biopsy last week 2/5/2017 results today....

my heart isn't completely shattered it's chest front and back of abdomen and now positive lymph nodes in the fluid around the bowel, she's been given at best 6 months without treatment  extra 6 with high dose of chemo and tablets too, so 12 months at bearncroft with treatment... it seems spreading at such a rate I don't think we are even lucky enough to have that time.

i can't cope with with this im the eldest sibling at 31 I don't have a dad doesn't bother with me never has, my sisters and brother have their dad, my mum who was only 49 last week she said just too young to go. 

Not only is she my world she is my 8 year old sons whole life and world I'm lost I've no idea what I'm supposed to do or how I'm supposed to get on with things I'm hurting like I didn't know possible. 

Please tell me someone who's been through this I'm confused it's like I'm grieving for someone who's still alive. 

• So sorry to hear about your Mum I can understand why you are all over the place.

No words of wisdom just be there for your Mum and try to make some happy memories. Also something like a scrap book that she can leave for your son. Spend time talking say the things you want to

I remember when my Dad was ill before he died it was like mourning him before he died so it may be a way we cope.

Take care of yourself.

• Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, thought I'd pop back on here coz I'm having a bad day with it today.

i just can't accept this it's like I'm thinking the more I just don't accept it then it's all going to go away and my mum isn't going to be stolen. 

I'm panicking about stupid stuff my mind is making then massive things, things like everyone's own unique smell what if I forget mums fresh sweet lovely smell, the way she talks, her amazing sense of humour,I know deep down I won't probably forget but it's playing on my mind terrible.

im getting up of a morning like this morning for example instant panic thinking day 2 that's 2 days off her time, and I just can't help it I was never ready for this never would of been but not this soon, I really need mummy bear she's my favourite little adult on the whole planet she said like my oracle of wisdom when I need a sense talking too. 

I cant begin to process that I'm never going to see her again and it's just horrible and the most scariest thing I've ever had to do ever. 

Xx

• I just want 2 say hi I'm so sorry 2 read about u mum. I know exactly how u feeling  and how u thinking I been going though this night mere since last October my mother was told that her bowel cancer was inoperable and there nothing they can do :( she been fighting Bowel cancer for two half years she was stage 2 then she only went for routen scan last year July they found mass they thought it was on her ovary turned out it was on her bowel. Then was told she now stage 4 and they can't do nothing . I wouldn't lie 2 u it's so hard and watching the  1 u love go though this is horrible and there nothing we can do just be there and support them and love them. We don't know how long my mother got she doesn't want 2 know any time u need chat I'm here sending u hug take care x 

• Hi I tried to add u as a.friend to message u wudnt let me cud u try add me.plz thnx

• Hi I have added u as friend I have sent u message don't know if u had it hope u ok speak soon take care x 

• I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this, your mother is so young, make the most of the time that you have left together, talk to her and let her know how you feel. Make time to spend with her and do things with her and the rest of your family. I've recently found out that my mother has terminal cancer, she has deteriorated so fast that I'm unsure that she understands when I talk to her, it's all been so fast it's unreal. Please make the most of the time that you have together xxx

• Hi There,

I am truly sorry for what you are going thru. It is a roller coaster ride. So painful.

I understand, too. My mom was diagnosed with 6 months to live with head and neck cancer that has metastasized to lymph nodes. I dont think she will make it more than 3 months though.

I find that when I hold moms hand, touch her face or just tell her how much I love her, it helps. She likes me to plant flowers for her, recall all the old funny stories and just be genuine in conversation.

I read a hospice article that said there are 5 things that dying people want to know:

1) things they were once responsible for will be taken care of

2) The survivors will survive  without them 

3)All is forgiven

4) their life had meaning

5) they will be remembered

I know you are hurting, panicked and sad. Grief makes you exhausted. Try to join a local cancer support group. That can be a big help!  God is walking with you thru this dark journey. Try to find small spots of joy to share with your mom along the way. Look at old photos together, cry and laugh. Be present.

I have a 9 year old daughter who loves my mom so much. I am sharing with her that Nana is very sick and she may die. So, she has started sending her art work, love notes, chatting with her and telling her she loves her very much. She also sent her a box of bandages. This made her feel like she was helping.

Talk with your friends, loving family membersm Priest, Rabbi, etc.  You are not alone!!

Thinking of you, Boston, USA, nurse

• Hello

im sorry to hear about your mum

i lost my older brother last month from thyroid cancer and I know what you mean about grieving for someone who is still here.

i was doing he same, I have a 16 month old daughter and she has helped me to be strong and is a great distraction but I was panicking everyday and would wake in the night. We knew it had spread and was not a good prognosis for a year before he died - I think it is called anticipatory grieving and is perfectly normal although a very strange and horrible thing to deal with.

be kind to yourself, take time off work if you can to be with your mum and to get your head around it all. Your mum will need you and wouldn't want to see you or your son suffering. As hard as it is try and be strong when you are with her. 

I used to do this - I would go home in tears but never let my brother see me upset, th hardest thing ever!

be strong 

• Sorry I've not been on much and this was my first post and couldn't find t to check replies haha, took some time out to reflect its up and down days etc xxx