Mum dying of lung cancer

hi I’d like to discuss my mums changes she’s started hallucinating and dreaming of past relatives and suddenly become frightened. Is this something that happens before the end ? My mum was told she had single number of months left in may.she now become afraid of dying and says feels anxious and having panic attacks.

• Hi Youngen

How has Mum been the past few days? There could be a number of reasons for her dreams and hallucinations and it's understandable that she's become very frightened by these. 

If you've not already spoken to the team responsible for her care it might be a good idea to have a chat with them so that they can check on her medications etc 
    We do also have a team of nurses here at Cancer Research UK that you can call and chat with. You may find it helpful. They are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm on 0808 800 4040.

Best wishes
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

•  

Hi Youngen,

I am so sorry to hear about your mum. I agree with our moderator, Jenn. It is likely that she needs to have her medication adjusted, so it is worth contacting her care team to sort this out.

Can I ask what age you are and, if you have any support from family and friends?  You really need someone who you can confide in.

Please let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx