Mum dying

my mum has advanced lung cancer and has a month to live.  I don't know how I'm going to survive without her I love her so much. She was diagnosed 3 weeks ago.

• Hi Digital,

So sorry to read about your Mum's news, that must be devastating especially with such short timescales. 

Best wishes

Dave

• Hi there ... so sorry your mum's got this diagnosis, it's gonna be the hardest thing you'll ever do ... but make each day a memory... listen to each other, lots of hugs, l love yous, say all what's in your hearts, leave nothing unsaid ... and even admitting you scared, and sharing a few tears ... treat every day as a bonus, live in the day and if you can find the strength, it will help ... 

That's all the things l would do, if l could have my mum back for awhile... my mum had a heart attack attack and l never got the chance ... big big hug ... Chrissie xx

• This is tragic for you.  We all know in theory that our parents are likely to die before us but when it is actually happening - well, nothing has prepared us for this.  And having so little time left.  I can only agree with Chrissie; talk about everything that you want to say to your mum, make her as happy as possible, do anything she would like you to do for her.  My best wishes to you both to make your mum's passing as positive and painless as possible.  I know it is easier said than done from when my own mum died.

• Sorry for your loss, my mother died 23 years ago from breast cancer, but it is only the last few months, since the break up of a long term relationship that I have actually sat down and processed it. My father is very distant, and I don't want to burden my brother and friends at this time of year. I was 8 years old at the time, but felt obliged to be strong for my 6year old brother, so I never let myself grieve. Hindsight tells me that maybe I should have done.