Mum

I just need to post somewhere and get a bit of reassurance and perhaps some positive vibes...

Last week my mum went into hospital for a hysterectomy as she has fibroids which have been causing her to bleed. The operation didn't go ahead as they discovered a 3cm tumor on her cervix. A CT scan and MRI confirmed cancer which has spread to her liver and lungs. Still to meet with the oncologist for further detail... this morning was a bit of a blur really... I'm just so worried, and don't know how to be strong for her. She's been so brave today. I live 200 miles away and have to return for work tomorrow but don't know how I can carry on as normal knowing this is going on at home. 

Claire

• Hi Claire

welcome to the forum, sorry it's under these circumstances.  I wish I could give reassurance but until you see the oncologist you and mum won't know what plans he/she may have re treatment.  The positive if that's possible is now the oncologist knows what he/she is dealing with and I would presume sit with their team to figure out a plan of treatment going forward. It's easy to say don't stress because that's going to be nonsense as you will naturally be worried.  So instead I'm going to say keep the faith and hope alive whilst your mums oncologist is working on a plan whatever that may look like.  Take each day one at a time.  Do you know when your mum will be meeting the oncologist? Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

sending you and mum positive vibes, hang in there! She needs you to carry on as normal (without panic) as best you can. Sorry it's stressful I know.

please do let us know how things go.  There are some great members, moderators and nurses here who I'm sure will stop by your post and say hi

JB 

• Hello,

Thank you for your quick response. I know there is nothing that anyone can say to make things better right now... it's just good to reach out to people who aren't directly involved and gain another perspective. She has an appointment on Wednesday next week so yes we should get a better idea then. Just wish I could take it all away from her... I know it's never fair, but this is so unfair... just moved to her dream home and up until last week was the happiest she's ever been. 

I didn't add in the initial post that 5 years ago she had breast cancer and was such a fighter and so brave then. It just feels different this time. 

Thank you,

Claire