Multiple myeloma

Hi I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2016. I was stage 4 and had to have back surgery as I had to massive holes in my back. 
I had plates nuts n bolts to secure my back then I began chemo I had a few doses but it caused rashes all over me, I had 12 different types but all of them resulted in me having a reaction.

I had my own stem cell transplant and that also didn't have any effect on me so I was told that they couldn't do anymore.

I have always suffered with severe bone pain and I am still having my zometer. 
I had a phone call from a doctor saying they had found something on my lung and they will ring within a week for me to go straight to the hospital and have more test, what does this mean as I'm worried now . 

• Hi I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2016. I was stage 4 and had to have back surgery as I had to massive holes in my back. 
    I had plates nuts n bolts to secure my back then I began chemo I had a few doses but it caused rashes all over me, I had 12 different types but all of them resulted in me having a reaction.

I had my own stem cell transplant and that also didn't have any effect on me so I was told that they couldn't do anymore.

I have always suffered with severe bone pain and I am still having my zometer. 
    I had a phone call from a doctor saying they had found something on my lung and they will ring within a week for me to go straight to the hospital and have more test, what does this mean as I'm worried now . 

• Hello trendywendy

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis and all that you've been through over these past few years. It sounds like it's been an incredibly difficult time for you and it's understandable that you're feeling anxious about your lung and upcoming tests. 

We know that sometimes it can help to talk to someone and I wonder if you'd like to chat with our team of nurses. I'm sure they would be able to offer some advice and support ahead of your appointment. If you'd like to talk with them they're available Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm on 0808 800 4040. 

Keep in touch Wendy and let us know how you get on. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Aww yes I would I lost my sister to brain tumor 2 years ago she'd only just beat the breast cancer and 3 months after she rang the bell she had a new primary brain tumor I watched it take her every day for 7 month. She was my rock through my treatment. 6 week after my big sis died my mum give up her fight after having multi centric castle disease which is a very uncommon cancer.

my dad is in turmoil as u can imagine, he has prospate cancer and has just been diagnosed with skin cancer.

I would like to speak with the nurses as I am really struggling at the minute. Thanks for getting back to me . I feel so alone and helpless without my big sis n mum xxxxx