Together we will beat cancer

Donate

MRI results

16 Sep 2021 06:40

I have triple negative cancer and have had 3 rounds of chemo. Yesterday I had the results of my mri scan and was told there had been no significant change in the size of the tumour. Consultant said this wasn't unusual at this stage and the new set of chemo I'm starting today can change things and that I was to look at the end result of what will be after my operation. 
I'm really quite devastated tho as I had hoped it would have reduced even slightly and now worry that it's not going to work at all. Does anyone have any advice? 

MRI results

17 Sep 2021 02:51 in response to amazingafterall

Hi Amazingafterall,

A very warm welcome to our forum.

I am so sorry to hear that there has been no improvement following your chemo to date. Please don't despair. There are a number of different types of chemo and a change in regime can make all the difference. Have you been given a date for your operation yet?

Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

MRI results

17 Sep 2021 03:23 in response to Jolamine

Thank you for replying I'm getting a date in the next few weeks but consultant was thinking it would be the around the beginning of December.  I'm trying to be positive in hoping this new set will have an effect. Xx

MRI results

17 Sep 2021 03:46 in response to amazingafterall

I know that it's not easy, but you'll find that the more positive you can remain, the better you'll cope with this. We refer to cancer treatment as a rollercoaster, because we often find oursels up one minute then down the next.

Here's hoping that the next round will have better results.

Kind regards,

Jolamine xx

MRI results

17 Sep 2021 04:04 in response to Jolamine

Thanks again