Mri result

Hi I don’t know where to begin my mind is a mess.  I went to the doctor few weeks ago complained of lump in my throat at times, sent to ent had a camera down my nose and throat, the doctor couldn’t see anything sent me for a mri scan, went back to ent the mri scan malignant tumor, the doctor looked again with camera and said she can’t see anything so I have to have a biopsy under general,  I’m so confusws the ent said she is feeling positive but why would the mri say tumor.  I’m so scared can’t sleep keep thinking how long have I got, how will my husband and children cope will I see them grow up im a mess.  Sorry

• Hi Lovemyfamily,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. I'm sorry to read about your worries. All I can say is to try to trust your doctor and the medical team.

The best thing is to try to keep as busy as possible to keep yourself distracted until your next appointment. The uncertainty is always concerning, but keep as positive as you can. Until you know more, there's nothing you can do - and then once you know more you will have the clear information you need to move forward.

Do continue to use this forum to write down any thoughts or worries if you find it helpful - it's a very welcoming community of people.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thanks for replying Ben.  I’m just so confused being told ent can’t see anything yet mri does.  I am trying to be strong and positive but it is so hard, looking at my children having photos thinking is this the last time is this the photo they will use to remember me, it’s so hard I am such a mess.  Waiting for biopsy appointment is so scary and then the results