More tests.

I had a biopsy on my tonsil last week and the department didn't give much away except 'in two weeks we will know what we are dealing with'. Now I have to have a CT scan. Clearly they are being thorough, but it's around a month since I was referred, and still no diagnosis or treatment. 

I'm keeping busy, but can't talk much, so am off work. I just want to know where I stand. The waiting and testing is stressful.

• Hello CatDad, 

Poor you I bet the process seems endless but as you said it's good that they are being thorough at least but it must be really hard for you, one month on, to have no diagnosis or treatment plan yet. I hope you won't have to wait too long for your CT scan and that it will shed some light on what is going on. 

It's a good idea to keep busy and well away from the (often irresistible) temptation to consult Dr Google as this will not make you feel better in any way nor will it give you reliable information. Being off work must make time go even more slowly for you especially as you are unable to talk much. It won't be long now though until you get some clarity on all this and there are helpful tips on this page to help you cope while waiting for important news. 

I hope that you will hear from others here who have been through something similar and had a tonsil biopsy before and that they will be along shortly to share their experience with you. 

Keeping everything crossed for you that everything turns out to be fine!

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator