Mom has cancer

My mom is currently dying from Cancer and she is now on Comfort Care. She is receiving a morphine drip to make her comfortable and she is no longer being treated for her sickness and so nature and god will take its course and when she will pass and how things turn out. I wasn't very close to my mom as she didn't raise me but I did see her a good friend and I really miss her and spending time with her. I'm not really sure how to cope with this and how to really respond to this. I just feel really anxious and overwhelmed and uncomfortable. I haven't been very open about my situation with anyone except for my boyfriend. I'm not ready for her death and need advice for my next steps and just want to know how to be ready. 

• Hi Jay12

I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom. Knowing what to do when someone dies can seem overwhelming, especially with all the emotions that grief can bring. What happens in the last days of life is different for everyone. But it can help to know a little about how things might be. We do have some resources on our website which may help you prepare for the next stage. 

I hope it's useful but please feel free to post again if you need any further support.

Best wishes

Moderator Sarah