Melanoma

Hi, I have just joined. Over the past 2 years I have had 11 moles removed, 4 wide area excisions and another one happening on Monday. Of the 5 dodgy moles, 2 were pre-cancerous, 2 melanoma in situ, and 1 stage 1a. None of these moles looked to me as if they had changed. I feel totally reliant on the sharp eyesight of my dermatologist. People need to be aware that even normal looking moles can be cancerous. Happy to chat to anybody out there with similar experience.

• Hello this is my first post - I am 73 with grown up kids and grandchildren and a very supportive partner.  Some months ago my partner mentioned the large mole on my back and I needed to keep an eye on it.  It went straight out of my head - I didn't even look at it.  Then the other dat it itched and I scratched i - bit of blood on my finger. Saw my GP who said "Oh I don't like that" and referredme to the rapid access clinic(cancer pathway) have appointment next Tuesday.  I'm anxous of course and have googled,  Lmccall in a way youhave been fortunate that your moles were caught in time.  Hope that's true for me.  I reckon up  tostage 2 is relatively ok - there's a b and c isn't there.  I feel so stupid for not seeing the GP especially as I have a friend who died last year (melanoma)

• Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. Good luck at your appointment on Tuesday, please let me know how you get on. Yes, I feel very lucky that (so far) my melanomas have been caught at an early stage. I have a good team around me. Hope you have too. My wide area excision is tomorrow morning.

• Hello again Catrin70. How are you? Have you had your appointment? Been thinking about you, and hoping you are okay.

I had a wide area excision on my right arm on Monday. Am healing well.