Medication

Hi 

My father has been receiving a variety of medication for his lung cancer with secondary bone. He’s allowed one half of a lorazepam up to 4 times a day. The family member caring for him gave him two half’s within one hour timeframe. He also takes slow release oxycodone once in the morning and once at night. Also shortec and longtec along with paracetamol. I just want to check if giving two half’s of the lorazepam was safe to give within one hour of each other when the max is 4 in 24 hours? Thank you, just concerned about my dads care as in the beginning he wasn’t being given adequate pain relief to what was prescribed for him. He is being cared for at home by a family member.

• Hi Char73, 

This is a question our members can't really answer I'm afraid but if you or the family member looking after your father are able to get in touch with his medical team or GP they should be able to let you know if this is o.k.

If you're unable to get in touch with either of them and are seeking medical advice this evening then it would be best to get in touch with the NHS on their 111 service.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator