Mastectomy

Hi any breast cancer ladies

I attended clinic today I have a large 7cm x 7cm cancerous tumour in my right breast biopsies showed  lymph node to be benign and CT scan showed it hasn’t spread. The original plan was chemo first to shrink then surgery but have been told today the type of cancer would not respond to chemo so it’s a mastectomy first and it’s this Monday! Can anyone let me know their experiences of mastectomy and how long they waited after to start chemo. My consultant really nice but was reluctant to answer questions. 

Thanks 

• Hi there ... think a lot depends on the lump and lymph nodes after they come out ... depending on those results, gives the Drs the info on the way forward ...

If you go on the good and bad thread, you'll see the journey of others that have had breast cancer ... they all have different results and different treatments ... 

So try and keep as busy as possible so you don't have a lot of thinking time ... the op isn't half as painfull as we think ... only needed paracetamol after ... and lots come home the same day ...

The sooner it gets here, the sooner they can get that cancer out ... Chrissie  x