Macmillan Nurse

Hello, 

Please i want to know  at what stage of your cance were you referred to  Macmillan Nurse?

I called the hospital to  get my  biopsy result i was given a Macmillan Nurse number, does that means my cancer cannot be cured?

• Hi,

No it doesn't so try not to worry. Firstly, you were probably given their number because the receptionist you spoke to isn't authorised to give results to patients. A Macmillan nurse deals with some of the workload of a consultant and sometimes they are able to give biopsy results to a patient. I can only speak for my type of cancer (melanoma) and I know the nurses can give results to those whose biopsy came back clear, or that showed pre-cancerous cells, or was positive for melanoma but very early stage. If it was really bad news it would be the consultant that would speak to you and they wouldn't tell you over the phone - they would give you an appointment to see them face to face. 

Good luck, I hope you get through to them & the news is better than you are expecting.

Angie

• Thanks Angie,  thanks at least   for having someone to speak to. This is so overwhelming,  am confused, and distablised. I will give you feedback. This is the most difficult time of  my life, my little  children cannot  comprehend it, just asking  questions... mum why are you crying... are you  going  to die... who will  look after us. God i pray this cup should pass over me