Lymphoma symptoms

Hi everyone 

Looking for advice . I have been referred to ENT on 2 week cancer pathway (appt next week) my main symptoms are

Weight loss-unintentionally 

Lower Back pain

Upper right sided and upper left sided abdominal pain

Loss of appetite 

Insomnia 

Large bilateral supraclavicular swellings-not painful,now noticed axillary and inguinal swellings- again non tender 

Night sweats

Fatigue

Prutitis on lower legs

Palpations and rapid heart rate, low sats possible die to recent onset anaemia 

High ferritin,  deranged LFTS and some FBC abnormalities including recently low haemoglobin.

My GP was excellent and completely levelled with me that he suspects Lynphoma, thus the urgent referral.

I am trying not to anxious and over think this and I am telling very little to friends and family so i dont worry them. I am a registered nurse and unfortunately my gut instinct tells me that there's a malignancy somewhere .

Just wondered If anyone had similar symptoms?

• Hi Jeng73,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. It's good to hear that you've seen the doctor about this and that you don't have too much longer to wait for the referral appointment.

My reply here should mean a few more people see your post, so if there are others with similar experience then hopefully they'll be along soon.

I hope you're able to find out more soon.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hey I've recently undergone the same process. I presented at gp with 2 swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck, I'd not been Ill and even when I have previously been I'll I've never had those nodes swell up before. Also had weight loss, drenching night sweats, bloods were in the drs words "all over the place" high infection markers, high white blood cells, severely anemic, etc. pain in my lower back that could bring me to tears, the most intense itching all over my body. Stomach cramps and little appetite. Gp referred me to ent under the 2WW

while there they put a camera up my nose and down my throat to have a look but all looked fine however the dr was still concerned with the size and feel of my neck nodes (there were 3 by the time I went to ent) he sent me for an ultrasound guided core needle biopsy. That happened roughly 2 weeks after the ent appointment. (Sounds worse than it is, it didn't hurt just felt weird) took almost a month for my biopsy results to come back which unfortunately came back as classical Hodgkin's lymphoma. I was then sent for a PET/CT scan to find out what stage and the plan of treatment. In my case I'm stage 4, it's all over my neck, one in my right armpit, three in my tummy and in my bones also. Drs have assured me the goal is still to cure as stage 4 with lymphoma is different to stage 4 with other cancers. I started a chemotherapy regime called Escalated BeacopDac on the 17th March. It's a scary process because it's all new but everyone is so positive about it!

Hoping you get some good results at ent. Good luck!

• just came across your reply as I'm going through similar symptoms now and I wanted to say I hope you're ok!