Lymphoma??

Hi all, 

I’m 26 years old with a two year old and four year old and apparently possible lymphoma! I’ve had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for about 7/8 weeks and had another larger node come up last week. The doctor took one look and sent me straight to hospital where they mentioned lymphoma and did a chest x Ray and now am awaiting a fine needle biopsy? Which is this week coming. Has anyone had experience with this? Did it turn out to be lymphoma? Haven’t had any viral related illnesses which would cause the nodes to be up. Am very tired a lot of the time but I do have children. Have had unexplained jaw pain also been to the dentist etc nothing to cause it. Extremely heavy periods like nothing I’ve ever experienced before the last two o had which I read can be a symptom. 

Has anyone just ‘felt’ like they know they have it? It sounds silly but I just feel like my body isn’t right at the moment and I feel like I already know it’s going to come back that I have this disease. 

Many experience or advice would be great. 

Thankyou 

• Hi Sarah,

Can't answer your questions just wanted to let you know your not alone. I've been having discomfort on the right side of my neck for a year now went to the doctors with it then and only just followed it back up a year on. I've been so busy also have a 16 month old and a 4 year old. My mum has hyperthyroidism so I just assumed I had also got it and would make an appointment eventually. However I booked an appointment last week as I had a few glasses of wine on the Saturday and Sunday morning my neck has been aching with a swollen lymph node between my ear and jaw. Dr confirmed she could feel definite swelling did bloods and said if bloods come back normal come back in two weeks and we will book an ultrasound. I'm incredibly tired and have suffered with chronic Anaemia in the past which I think thats why I went for so long without realising how exhausted I am. Angry at myself I let it go on for so long now.

Please let me know how you get on xx

• Hi Sarah

About a month ago a got a lump in my neck after I had tonsilitis about two weeks before. I thought it was just down to the tonsilitis but it didnt go away, I went to the doctors and he refered me for a blood test, had that done everything was normal apart from slightly raised inflamation. I went back and asked what to do next, he was concerend at the size of the lump and refered me to ENT where the doctor examined me and had a camera down my nose (not a great experiecne i'll tell you know) and he then refered me to have an ultrasound.  I had my ultrasound yesterday and they took a biopsy there and then and I am waiting for my results now. I'm really worried! I feel normal, maybe a bit feverish, very tired, but i'm 20 years old and at university so putting it down to stress at the moment! Hoping the biopsy will settle my mind.

GG xx