Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Lymphoma?

18 Oct 2019 05:46

6 months ago I got up and started to itch all over the body. During the night sweating very bad.Having caugh for last 4 months. I did not check if I got any lumps because I'm afraid. 2 weeks ago diagnose with glandular fever and EBV virus. 2 last week's felling exausted not able to do anything. A lot of pain in my bones.Very high temperature for last week and not able to sleep for last 5 days. Also lost weight on last 3 weeks lost of appetite and feeling sick all the time.Saw 11 doctors in the same surgery and keep saying they do not know what's going on! Can I get advice please?

Lymphoma?

18 Oct 2019 15:26 in response to Loobiloo

Thank you for your post,

I am sorry to hear that you are not well and have been diagnosed with glandular fever.

I can appreciate your concerns that you might have lymphoma for two reasons. This is that glandular fever is caused by the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) which can increase the risk of some types of lymphoma. However, most people with EBV do not develop lymphoma. The other reason is that the symptoms of glandular fever are the same symptoms for a lymphoma.

According to the NHS information site glandular fever can make you very unwell with symptoms, making people feel very tired and to  lose weight.   

I think you need to try and take life easy at the moment , do not get stressed and look after yourself. And if after a couple weeks you still are not feeling better then go back and let your GP know to get checked out.

You can see the information from the NHS about glandular fever here  and there is more information about it here 

I hope you feel better soon. Please get back to us if you need any more information or support.  You may find it helpful to talk things through with one of the nurses on our helpline.  The number to call is Freephone 0808 800 4040 and the lines are open from 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday.

Take care,

Caroline