lymphoma

Update: boyfriend suffered with night sweats and had a huge lump on his neck. Turned out to be reactive node! Thank you everyone for your support!

• I hope you, your partner and entire family are ok in this worrying stage of your lives.

My relative who was 28 had a large lump on her collar bone, she was quite ill for some time, constant cough that wouldn't go, the cough persisted for about 2/3 months. She did visit the GP and walk in centres but actually ended up in A&E due to breathing difficulties and went into intensive care. The doctors were amazing and started Chemotherapy the next day to help relief pressure from her heart, she had an X-ray taken 3 weeks earlier and they discovered the mass on her chest was 15cm by 9cm but unfortunately the Radiologist had not published his report at the time of her A&E visit. Basically, she was finally diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphona by the hospital, she had 6 months of Chemotherapy every 2 weeks and now she is in remission, has been for 10 months.

My relative did not suffer with night sweats as far as I am aware but do recall that before being diagnosed she was complaining of any itchy back, which she has been told is also a symptom of Lymphona. 

I know this will be a very worrying time, try and keep positive and please chase the GP and doctors for updates. 

• Thanks for all of your support! Update: reactive node!

• She was told it was stage 3b/4 bulky, unsure what that actually means, she was lucky that it had not spread, the mass was only on her lungs but due to the size there was pressure on her heart and her wind pipe was blocked, but it was amazing how quick the chemotherapy kicked in and how much of a change this made to her symptoms.

The doctors were amazing, she was under the care of an Hemotaologist and Heart surgeon (apologises for spelling errors). The Mcmillian nurses were amazing too, very helpful.

I know it's hard not to worry and not to google but try to remain positive, I would stress that you ensure your partner chases the doctors up after each appointment for results etc. Not sure if this is going to help you ease your mind but she was told if you were going to have a cancer then Hogkins is the one to have, they have a very good success rate. In the event of the worst news, please make sure you review the financial support your partner can receive, possibly PIP and ESA (I think) or UC, the McMillian nurses will provide guidance on how to complete their forms, the PIP one is quite lengthy but the last thing anyone in this situation needs to think about is there finances. 

Please let me know how your partner gets on with his appointments, sending best wishes to you all!

• Update: reactive node. Thanks for your support!

• Of course we can, I know exactly what you are going through, I had some many thoughts like what if etc, any questions big or small please don't hesitate to ask, I might not know the answer but am more than happy to try and help

• That's so lovely, thank you so much! 
    I will keep you posted and let you know how the ENT goes, I will definetly have some questions I assume! 

thank you again :happy:

• hi, 

just wondering how things are? 

x

• Hello,

thank you for your message. It turned out the be a reactive node! Such a relief as he suffers badly with night sweats etc. 

thank you everyone for your support!

Xx