Lymph Nodes

Hello Everyone!

I had an US about a month ago to check my parathroid. The doctor called in another doctor. I apparently have a bunch of big lymph glands on the right side of my neck and going into my collar bone, 3.5cm each. The Doctors counted 6. The diagnosis was this: Roughly translated from the Italian hospital document: Right cervical, superficial and deep lateral site, numerous lymph node
swelling, with a maximum size of 3.5 cm, irregular vascularization and uneven ecostructure. Other swollen, markedly hypoecogenic lymph nodes are present at the right supraclavicular site'.

I was sent for an ENT appt and screening of blood tests to see if I had an infection. The Doctor I saw kept asking me if I had had  a cold or toothache lately. Apart from tiredness, I have been pretty healthy. Just a new hernia. I had a chest xray which was negative.

I then had allergy tests as I have allergies to some medicine, and I have been given cortesone to take before a Cat Scan with contrast on both my head and shoulders, and abdomen on Friday. I was told that I would probably be having a biopsy, they would decide when and how after the cat scan. 

Of course I have looked up 'lymph nodes' on google and it all seems pretty scary, so I've stopped. But these weeks have been the longest in my life. 

I'm British but currently live in Italy. I think the procedures are pretty much the same? The only difference is that in Italy they hand over every test you have so I have a lot of test results. I am deficient in B12, Vit D and folic acid. So I have started B12 injections, folic acid, vit d, k2 and magnesium.

Does any one have experience with a bunch of lymph glands? I'm pretty much a nervous wreck. 

Thanks for reading.