Lymph nodes

Hi

im 20, and I'm having huge anxiety regarding my health. I have a noticed a lump near the hairline of my back neck. Went to the doctors twice and they said nothing to worry about- not cancer. My anxiety was eating me up. I went to get an ultrasound scan- radiologist told me I have one sebaceous cyst and two lymph nodes. She says everything seems normal. I'm worried the lymph nodes might be cancerous. I'm really scared. Please help

• Hi and thanks for posting

It's good that the ultrasound did not show anything of concern - if there had been any area that the radiologist was worried about, and they are experienced doing this daily, they would have suggested further tests. 

It must be very difficult trying to cope with health anxiety and I do hope that you have spoken to the GP about this. They will be able to refer you for help in dealing with this if this is beginning to affect you in a big way now. In the meantime, the following website may be helpful  

Try and put this behind you now if you can and to accept that you have been checked out and examined and that no cause for concern was found.

All the best

Wanda