lung cancer with brain mets

Hi I have just been dianosed with brain mets, 3 tumours 1 4cm they think the primary is lung, have to wait for a MDT meeting, I am alone no family, I do have a good friend i can talk to, it's the waiting that has got me all over the place one minute strong the next sooo undecisive do I go to work or no,t need the money but dont want to spend what litte time i have at work.

• Hello FFBB1 and welcome to the forum.  Your post is short considering the horrors you describe - but I can understand there is not much more you can say really.  As you have only just been diagnosed I can believe you are in a state of shock.  I am pleased that you have a good friend who is there for you.  I don't of course know your age, home circumstances or anything at all about your circumstances really.  Do you want to continue working - it sounds as though you would rather not.  How do you feel in yourself - are you fit to work even?   What information have you been given by the medical staff caring for you - how are things likely to progress?  Do you have to pay rent or mortgage?  I know that Macmillan Cancer Support are extremely helpful about these matters - they know everything there is to know about available benefits in your situation.  Their Freefone number is 0808 808 0000 and they can help you to actually get the money available.  Please do keep in touch and we will be happy to give any advice, support and anything else that may help you.  Annie

• Hi Annieliz thank you for replying, I am 59yrs, I have my own property & of course a morgage, at this time yes im fit for work but my work is hard and tiring.  I have been given no information from the hospital just meds as waiting on MDT meeting to see where i go from here, was thinking of ringing the macmillian support tomorrow for their advice.   FFBB1  

• Hi again.  Thanks for being so forthcoming about your personal information - it just helps to get a fuller picture.  Do come back and tell us when you have got some more information - I had to look up what MDT meant - I had never seen Multi Disciplinary Team meeting in its initial letters before!  It should be gradually easier for you to make decisions and plan after the meeting so let's hope it happens asap.  But I cannot imagine your state of mind if you have just been hit with this diagnosis.  Yes, I think it would be good to contact MacMillan - they will be able to help you find the way forward and hopefully get the finance you need to do so.   Thank goodness for good friends such as yours.  Annie