Lung cancer

Hi 

My was diognosed with lung cancer on the 14th of March, I did have a reply from one of your nurses but unable to find it.

My mum is unable to have a biospy due to having copd & heart failure so we don't know how long we have with mum. It is in both lungs on first CT scan, and we have another one on the 1st of may. I feel like am living on a time bomb so many questions and no answers. 

How do you know how long we have she can't have any treatment so it's all a horrible  guessing game.

Life is so cruel at the moment after being active she is just exhausted and wants to sleep. 

Any advice would I would be greatful x

• Hello Evee, 

Welcome to our forum and I am sorry to hear about your mum. I hope others will be along soon with some advice and suggestions for you. You mentioned that you couldn't find the nurse's reply to your previous post and I thought that I would let you know that it can be found here

I hope this helps! 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hi. I think the best person to talk to would be your mums doctors. My mum was diagnosed with lung cancer that had spread to one of her breasts and to her leg, in February 2018. I honestly didn't even think of asking the oncologist how long she had. It really didn't cross my mind. The doctor had given us some hope that maybe she'd be eligible for a special kind of treatment, like chemo, but all done with tablets. I don't know, horomones maybe? She couldn't have regular chemo because of her COPD and also a condition similar to MS, and being 79 she couldn't have handled it. We just really thought she had a lot more time. But sadly, she passed away only three months later. It was a sudden turn for the worst that we weren't expecting, three weeks before passing. Prior to that though, in her last three months she was more or less ok. She was sitting up, talking, eating, listening to the radio. 

My only advice would be is that we just never know how long we have with our loved ones, and we have to just take it day by day. Enjoy every minute you have with her. If you enjoy writing, I would suggest even keeping a little journal writing about your visits and conversations. 

Sending kind wishes your way.